The busiest times for the State Emergency Service (SES) are during storms. SES volunteers can be trained in storm preparation and response undertaking many different activities.
• Developing local community education programs and activities on storm safety
• Maintaining storm response equipment
• Maintaining storm response skills through training
• Training and assessing other volunteers with storm response skills
• Securing damaged buildings and structures
• Cutting up fallen trees from property
• Securing damaged roofs and roof tiles
• Undertaking flood mitigation operations
To register your interest in becoming a SES storm and water damage operations volunteer complete our volunteer registration form or call 1300 364 587.