Our commitment to accessibility
South Australian State Emergency Service is committed to making its website accessible to all people. We strive to conform to the SA Emergency Services Disability Access and Inclusion Plan the South Australian Government Online Accessibility Policy and the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. We will always endeavour to implement new technologies that allow us to improve the accessibility of this site.
Steps we have taken to make this website more accessible
- Added a high-contrast display option (available in the site header)
- Enhanced the contrast of colours used
- Ensured that it is possible to navigate using a keyboard
- Added transcripts to our videos
- Made our text as simple as possible to understand
- Produced SES Easy English Guides
- Added a language selection options (available in the site header)
- Translated SES resources in languages other than English
Things you can do to enhance accessibility on your device
- Explore Microsoft accessibility, Apple accessibility or Google accessibility features
- Read the AbilityNet How-To Accessibility Guides
Accessible options for reporting emergencies
The following phone numbers are available to help people who don’t speak English or who are hearing impaired or mute to report emergencies.
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS): call 131 450
National Relay Service (Speak and Listen): call 1300 555 727 then ask for Triple Zero (000)
National Relay Service (TTY users): call 133 677 then ask for Triple Zero (000)
National Relay Service NRS Chat or Call then ask for Triple Zero (000)
SMS Relay users can send an SMS to 0423 677 767
Standard and overseas calls: 133 677
TTY 106 is a dedicated text-based emergency relay service with direct access to fire, police and ambulance services.
If you don't speak English you can call 000 from a fixed line and ask for fire, police or ambulance services. Once connected you need to stay on the line and a translator will be organised.
If you are having trouble accessing any information on this website, need information on our website in an alternative format or have suggestions on how we can improve the accessibility of this site please contact our Communications Team.