SES members are invited to attend regular training evenings and exercises run by the Unit they join.
Metropolitan Adelaide Units usually train for 2.5 hours each week, whilst most country Units train for one evening a fortnight. On average Units conduct a full day exercise on a Saturday or Sunday once every two to three months. To find out where your nearest SES unit is click here.
In addition to the training commitment, members are expected to respond to operational callouts as they occur.
The training provided for SES members may include -
- Rescue in all forms including search and rescue;
- Storm damage relief;
- Map reading and navigation;
- Operations Centre duties;
- Reconnaissance and observation; and
- Leadership and instructional methods.
To find out more about becoming an SES volunteer click here.
RTO Code: 40242